GoDaddy and BlueHost are the award-winning web hosts that offer the top-notch hosting service at the budget-friendly hosting charges. As researched online, both of them support for a large number of websites all over the world, and achieve a great industry reputation in the mind of customers.
Frankly speaking, choosing between these two hosting providers can be a hard task for the majority of common webmasters. In this case, we’d like to showcase a comprehensive comparison between GoDaddy and BlueHost, demonstrating their pros and cons for hosting a personal website or a blog.
In a conclusion, we think these 2 companies are both the right personal choices. However, this is our editor’s option. There is the different opinion elsewhere.
The Pros and Cons of GoDaddy Hosting Service
Compared with the web hosting solution, GoDaddy is probably more famous for their domain name registration service. At present, they have more than 13 million of domains under management, and the number continues growing.
As for their web hosting, there are three plans available – Economy, Deluxe and Ultimate. All of them offer different levels of hosting features at different hosting prices, so you can choose one based on your real requirements and budgets.
• GoDaddy offers the great services for the registration, research, broker and transfer of domain names.
• GoDaddy is surely the reliable web hosting provider that ensures at least 99.9% uptime for all the hosted websites. As the quality of web servers and the facility of data centers influence the hosting reliability greatly, this web host pays much attention to the server components and rents multiple world-class server spaces around the globe.
• GoDaddy offers a wide variety of services to give you the great hosting experience, such as the “Do It Yourself” website building, email marketing, SEO optimization, professional email building, and the sales for dedicated IP addresses, premium DNS, SSL certificate, malware removal, code signing certificate and many more.
• GoDaddy constantly offers the special coupon codes or promotional links, cutting down their hosting charges greatly.
• As compared with BlueHost and many other popular web hosts, GoDaddy cannot be regarded as the fast hosting provider.
• GoDaddy limits your utilization of disk space, FTP users, My SQL databases, sub-domains, email addresses and total email storage. If you choose the cheapest Economy plan, the allocation only allows you to set up a small blog site.
• GoDaddy does not offer the search credits for Google, Yahoo and Bing.
• The hosting charges of GoDaddy are not affordable, charging you starting at $7.99/mo with their default 22% discount.
• GoDaddy does not offer the live chat support and the 24/7 phone support for customers residing in any country.
The Pros and Cons of BlueHost Hosting Service
Unlike GoDaddy that provides different services for your online presence, BlueHost focuses on the web hosting solution; thus, can ensure the top-notch service with the good uptime and peak hosting performance.
In addition, BlueHost also offers three hosting plans for you to choose, each of which is coming with the rich features and the cheap prices.
• BlueHost is the budget-friendly web host that charges you ranging from $3.49/mo to $13.95/mo only with their current promotional campaign.
• BlueHost offers a lot of free extras to better benefit the customers, such as the free domain name, free marketing credits for all the major search engines, free backup service on a daily basis, free CDN service, Spam Experts, domain privacy service and many more.
• To ensure the maximum ease of use for website running and managing, BlueHost offers the widely-used cPanel control panel and the 1-click script installer, with which you can control your domain, email, database and files with much ease, and can install any script within minutes.
• BlueHost includes rich features into their hosting plans, such as plenty of monthly bandwidth and disk storage, sufficient allocation of email accounts and sub-domains, the latest advanced PHP and MySQL, SSL certificate, spam protection, multi-server management and the programming languages including Perl, Ruby on Rails and Python.
• With the rock-solid server machines, well-equipped data centers, advanced server segregation technologies, SSD storages and CloudFlare CDN service, BlueHost succeeds in achieving at least 99.99% uptime and the super blazing hosting speed.
• The technical support offered by BlueHost is 24/7 available. You can get the instant response from their support team via the phone support, email support, live chat support and ticket system
• BlueHost limits your CPU usage to 10%. Therefore, if your CPU consumption exceeds that limit, you need to upgrade your hosting plan or get your hosting account suspended.
• BlueHost only allows one set of DNS, giving you fewer chances for domain name settings than GoDaddy.
• BlueHost does not offer the site transfer service for free, but charges you $149.99 instead.
According to this comparison, both GoDaddy and BlueHost offer the reliable service with no serious downtime. However, if you are looking for a cheaper one with rich features and responsive support service, BlueHost is better. Even, based on the real-world testing of these two web hosts, BlueHost achieves the faster speed than GoDaddy.
Incoming search terms: