Meta tags are also known as Special type HTML tags which provides you information about a particular Page or website. In general unlike normal HTML tags, meta tags do not affect how the page is displayed rather it contains the information about page, Title Tags, author, description of website, keywords, content, email, robots crawling and many more etc. Hence search engines use them in order to define a website or blog. Therefore to boost your site SEO and rankings its must to Add these Meta tags quickly. Now today i came up with an important tutorial on How to add these meta tags inside Blogger and WordPress (optimized one) just below. So lets start with its importance first.
Importance of Meta Tags in SEO
Well Meta tags are not that much important for website higher ranking but they helps to get more traffic form popular search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and Ask etc. Hence in simple words, adding Meta Tags will let the search engines to about your site/blog and also very helpful in indexing your pages more quickly and accurately in SERP’s. That means the meta tags communicates with the search engines to provide more extra information about your blog or website. That’s it!
How to Add Optimized and SEO Friendly Meta tags in Blogger?
1. First of all login to Blogger Dashboard and then press Design- Edit Html tab properly.
2. Now search for and just after that paste the below code mentioned.
<b:if cond=’data:blog.url == data:blog.homepageUrl’>
<META NAME=”Description” CONTENT=”Blog Description” />
<META NAME=”Title” CONTENT=”Blog Title Here”/>
<META NAME=”Keywords” CONTENT=”Add Keywords Here” />
<META NAME=”Author” CONTENT=”Author Name Required” />
<META NAME=”Robots” CONTENT=”All” />
Keep Note- Don’t forgot to replace the Blog Description, Blog Title Here, Add Keywords Here and Author Name Required with your own blog information above. Also I have enclosed the meta description inside a dynamic HTML tag in order to avoid duplicate content issue.
3. After doing that, click on the save button of Blogger HTML Editor and get go. Enjoy!
How to Add Optimized and SEO Friendly Meta tags in WordPress?
Its very simple to add Meta tags in WordPress, you don’t have to do much load work as a plugin named as Add Meta Tags comes into play. This plugin optimize your WordPress blog for Search Engines by providing you an extra space for meta tags addition. All you have to install it inside your WordPress software. So lets first check its great features below…
1. Automatically addition of Meta Tags.
2. Meta tags for front page, Single post, Pages, Categories and Tags also.
3. Provide Extra SEO features such as
- Add the
NOODPoption to the robots meta tag.
- Add the
NOINDEX,FOLLOWoptions to the robots meta tag on category, tag, author or time based archives.
- First Extract the compressed (zip) package in the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit the plugin’s administration panel at
Options->Metadatato read the detailed instructions about customizing the generated meta tags.
That’s it! Enjoy better SEO Now with my Meta Tags.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get hugh traffic by metatag seo plugin in blogger
- how to make blogger seo friendly